David, Matylda and I took a much needed vacation a couple of weeks ago. We might not have left MO (dumb oil spill), but we still managed to get out on the water (Table Rock Lake) and do some relaxing. The first 5 days we headed to Branson to Big Cedar Lodge on the lake to spend some time with David's parents, his 2 two sisters and their families (minus Dan because he had to work). It was beautiful! A big thank you to Bill and Barb for getting us the amazing cabin so all of the family could be together. We swam and went out on the lake in a boat, Dave and I even did a paddle boat one morning. David got to some fishing and Matylda just loved all the attention and the lazy river!
For the next few days we headed to Waynesville (not without a stop at Lamberts though...Matylda loved the rolls and okra)! We swam and hung out with Mimi and Papa and Noe and Darin (who Maty affectionately calls "baby doll")! Matylda had her first taste of Dowd's catfish and she was in love!! Dave got to do some more fishing and I was just happy for some more pool time. We have a neighborhood pool, but its just not the same. Vacation was too short..we needed a couple more days. Luckily, Dave has 2 more vacations so maybe we can work something out!
I loaded the pictures in two separate posts and they are in slide shows. Sorry about that, but there were just too many to load individually! Enjoy!!!!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds fun!! I bet a family trip to Vegas is gonna be the next vacation post :)LOL!
That sounds like a great idea!!!
Post a Comment