Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bottle Time

When we went to the doctor, Dr. Hood suggested that we start introducing the bottle once a day and then building up. That way she has time to get used to the idea of the bottle before I have to go back to school at the end of March. I was, well still am, worried about the bottle since she doesn't like pacifiers, but hopefully everything will work out. So, I have started pumping twice a day (sorry if that's too much info!) so I can start storing and have enough for David to start bottle feeding. I am not bottle feeding..I have the real thing, so she won't want a bottle from me! Yesterday was the first attempt. It went okay. She drank about an ounce and a half before she starting screaming for the "real thing". We will try again tonight and see what happens. David was excited to feed her, so I am just waiting to pass off the 3AM feeding...ha ha!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

awwwwww!! Who wants a bottle when the real thing is sitting right there?? lol! You might have to leave the house....it didnt work for us, but if she can smell you, she might not give the bottle a chance. Good luck!!!

Courtney Long said...

Hope this is going well for you. I worried so much about it because Connor wouldn't have anything to do with the bottle. I was so afraid he'd starve when I went back to work. He ended up taking it from me (breaking all the rules) and once he figured out it came from both places he did well with both.
Just relax- she'll figure it out! Good luck-